The FLOW team is here to make your experience as an artist an enriching one. Please take advantage of the resources at right when promoting your participation in FLOW 2016. Contact Farrington Llewellyn at email@example.com or 612-353-5178 with questions.
Artists, tag us on social media so we can share your #flownorthside posts!
The CALL FOR ARTISTS for 2016 is OPEN!
Open the Application
FLOW seeks Northsiders to exhibit or perform in select venues along West Broadway July 28th – 30th, 2016. We define artist in the broadest possible sense of the word and encourage emerging artists and innovative ideas for community engagement.
FLOW will match artists with participating locations along the route of the art crawl or artists may propose site-specific work. Possible locations include (but are not limited to) businesses, storefronts, vacant spaces, building exteriors, organizations, and outdoor locations.
FLOW will present performing artists in a variety of spaces and community stages. You will be asked to define your medium, technical needs and length of set. Please note all material must be family friendly.
• There is no entry fee and no stipend for artists responding to the Call for Artists (see details about the separate Request for Proposals for Public Art below).
• Artists are welcome to sell their work and supporting materials at FLOW. Performers may pass the hat or put out tip jar.
• FLOW will make our print and online promotions available to all participating artists. In addition, FLOW media partners KMOJ, KBEM, Insight News & City Pages will provide exposure and promotional opportunities.
• Artists are encouraged to use FLOW to create and leverage their network, i.e. gain subscribers to your email list, promote upcoming events, distributing literature. FLOW will offer workshops in logistics, marketing and PR for artists.
• Artists are responsible for installing and taking down their own work, sound-check, set-up and teardown of any other elements (tables, booths, lighting etc.).
• Artists agree to be on site all day Saturday July 30th and, when appropriate, the evening of Thursday, July 28th and/or Thursday, July 29th.
Submissions should include a short description of your work, artist bio, work samples or links to websites, technical needs and contact information. Application deadline for artists to be listed in FLOW Map & Guidebook is July 1st.